Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Annie's + Additives


So today I went the less adventurous route, and instead of trying how to make lentils in my microwave, I just made the basic Annie's. Of course, regular old Annie's is fine, but I need to spice to up to make it a miracle.

To get my protein up to "work out all the time" levels, I added my wonderful can of tuna, because I am fancy I added Veg-all canned mixed vegetables, and then because I am smart I added Sriracha. It's perfect for the office-kitchen for a few big reasons. For starters, it goes with pretty much everything. It turns mac and cheese from a boring every-day item to a creamy-spicy bastion of deliciousness. Delicious on beans, too! I haven't put it in a sandwich yet, but you just wait! Anyway, Sriracha is also really cheap and lasts forever. One bottle is a few bucks and you use so little each time, you're likely to lose the bottle before it's empty. You can also dispense with your minifridge, because it's got enough preservatives to survive the nuclear holocaust. Maybe if you eat enough, you will, too!

So let's do the tally.

Annie's Instant Mac: $0.50
Tuna: $0.85
Veg-all (1/3 can): $0.33
Sriracha: $0.01

Total: $1.69

42g Protein, 400 calories. Delicious.

No comments: